These days most people search for a product or store online before visiting the physical store, and the best way to capture these audiences towards your business is “Google my business”.
Listing on GMB is a major part of local SEO, your business will also visible at the google maps so also best for business with location-based targeting.
Why You Need Google My Business Listing
It’s a free tool offered by google which greatly helps local businesses to make their online presence across the google search engine. With the help of GMB businesses can list even before the organic results on the SERP ( search engine result page ).
So whether you manage a small business or store or a large company, in both way GMB can help you to reach more audience affordably and easily. Not only that, with GMB small stores can even create a one-page website for traffic acquisition.
How it works
To get listed on GMB, start by creating the account and claim your business. Enter the business information and contact details also carefully choose most relevant business categories which best describe your business.
After completing the setup you will be asked to verify your business. There are various option to verify business depending on your location, like verification by post, video verification or by email.
Optimizing Google My Business listing
Listing the account higher in Google my business is essential as other businesses provide the same products or services so you need to ensure that your potential customers find you at the peak result if they are searching.
To optimize the account you need to cover the following factors –
- Complete your profile – the first thing you need to do is complete your profile, provide every detail about your business so that it will be easier for Google to identify the most relevant and profitable user for your business. Give a proper description of your business and make the profile look more engaging by providing working hours, services etc.
- Provide high-quality images and videos- Visual appeal is always better than text so use more images to describe your business better. provide your business-related images, a lot of them. Because images drag the attention of the users so it’s smart planning to use quality images in the profile.
- Posts – keep your audience updated about your products and service, with the help of posts you can remind your audience about your business, inform them about new sales, product launch or new events. Using interesting posts regularly also show your prominence and make the audience more engaged in your business.
- Reviews – the most important feature about the GMB and the most valuable aspect for listing on the top. Get more positive reviews about your business and build more trust among your audience. Reviews and ratings play an important role in making more powerful images of the business in the eyes of users.
- Interact with users – help your potential customers, give answers for their queries and clear their doubts. This will not only help you to rank higher but also build a strong bond to your users. Also, this can be a great way to connect with an interested user directly and engage them towards the business.
Benefit from listing on Google My Business
- Google my business is free – it’s a free tool offered by Google which means you don’t have to pay for any features or take premium support for special services. From user interaction to brand promotion, getting more leads and conversion everything can be completed without spending any money.
- Visibility on google maps – listing on GMB means you are visible on Google maps, means more relevant customers can find you on the targeted location. Every time your potential audience search for product related to your business, you among with other competitors can appear on the google maps.
- Get reviews for your business – the biggest benefit from Google my business is that you measure the user engagement and trust with your business, additionally find out any problem or issues your customers facing with your business with the help of ratings and reviews. It’s a great way to optimize your business according to users interactions.
- Increase traffic and conversions – google my business is a great way to engage with more audience and get more relevant traffic on the website. Just listing in the local search means more chances of local visits and calls to the business and good reviews can build trust among the other audience for your business.