Whether you are a budding digital marketer, an aspiring one or just curious to find out what web content marketing is, you are at a good spot right now.
We have always been told not to judge a book by its cover. To a great extent, it is even true. A book’s worth is all about what it contains! But is it the same in the case of a child? No! A child is always attracted to the hues of what it sees. What is the point you wonder? Well, just like a child at its early stage, a consumer or your potential audience is attracted to what it sees, if that interests him or her it moves a step ahead and as an adult, looks into its content.
This implies the appearance and content of your must be must not only be relevant to each other but also be attractive, informative, deep, and wide and relevant to consumer’s needs.
This is exactly where the role of web content marketing begins.
What is web content marketing?
Content marketing can be described as a well thought out marketing perspective focused on creating and distributing, worthy, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience. Its ultimate aim is to drive profitable customer action.
The main purpose of content marketing is to not only attract them but keep them retained. The only through which retention can be done is by creating and curating valuable content on a regular basis. It aims at changing or enhancing the behavior of consumers. It can be integrated with all your other marketing activities.
- The audience first: make sure your content is primarily for the people who receive it. It should be in accordance with your user’s needs.
- Write right from the heart: your content should be genuine and authentic, you cannot fake value. If you create content with the aim of helping, the conversion will follow automatically.
- Commit to quality: it is necessary to have quality in your content. Your marketing would be more popular if your content is genuine and quality.
- Think niche: if your content is not relevant to your niche it is pointless for your audience. Users interested in fashion will not be amazed by the information on digital marketing.
- Be a storyteller: your consumers should relate and connect to your content. Provide a central message to them. Give value in advance, it will return to you. Its commercial karma!
There are various benefits that come along: –
- Increase in site visits
- A cheaper form of conversion
- Build trust
- Thought leadership
- Mind share
- Reputation Management
- Email list building
- Higher search engine rankings
- Social media popularity and following
Content marketing has been existing for quite a long time, just that it was not referred to as “content marketing”. In the 20th century Michelin started publishing guides for an audience around 3000 automobile owners. This was a century ago!
Before the internet era, Proctor and Gamble targeted soap operas with strategic product placement aiming at housewives.
In the 50s Kellogg’s designed their graphics and brand message towards children. This helped them boost sales of cereal.
Types of contents
There are various types of content, namely: –
- Blogs: a web page or website which is regularly updated through articles written in an informal or conversational style.
- EBooks: a publication which is the length of a book in digital form. It contains text, images, or both and is readable on mobile devices, tablets, pc, etc.
- Emailers: these are emails providing information about your products, services.
- Infographics: this includes a combination of both information and graphics.
- Webinars: seminars that are performed online or web
Content marketing trends that will be dominant in 2020-2021
- Video & Live Stream is the chief focus
- Conversational still continues to thrive
- Podcast, podcast & podcast!
- Visual Data
- Natural language
- Content optimized according to voice search
Content marketing and SEO
Google bot reads your texts, crawls, indexes, and ranks it. If content marketing is done the right way and you write about what is being searched by your users or general audience of your niche then you will your website will appear more in the search engine result page. Overall your website rankings will go up. Remember, your new visitors are your potential buyers.
Content marketing has now become a significant part of marketing strategies. Content marketing can generate sales, attract new potential users, and create a positive image for your brand. 70% of the consumers believe that the companies providing custom content are interested in building a good relationship with them. Content marketing conveys your business’s values and quality.